Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Poppy Nubbin' Washcloth Crochet Pattern

I really love cotton washcloths! I was in need of some new bathroom ones so I went to my stash to see what I had and here is what I came up with! A unique textured washcloth with a few different looks. 

Nubbin’ Washcloth



My color choices were inspired by a theme I have in my master bath and bedroom. I love poppy's and the colors in this pic inspired me to use orange, green and cream. I thinking now I wish I added some yellow too but I just used what I had. 


What you'll need

H-hook (5.00mm) 
Lily's Sugar N Cream  I just used my scraps but I made all these 5 with about 3-4 of the smaller balls that you can find in most craft stores. 

Measures approx 9 x 9 inches, gauge isn't essential. 

NOTES: 

**Need Help with the stitch pattern? See video below the pattern!
** See 4 unique ways to make this Washcloth below the pattern before you start.  


Row 1: ch 31, sc in 2nd ch from the hook, *pull up a loop in same st as last st made and in next 2 sts, YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook, ch 1 (NOTE: work ch 1’s loosely through out the pattern as you’ll be working into it on the next round), repeat from * across, sc in last st, ch 1 turn

Row 2: sc in 1st st, *pull up a loop in same st as last st made and in next 2 sts, YO and draw through all 4 loops on hook, ch 1 (NOTE: work ch 1’s loosely through out the pattern as you’ll be working into it on the next round), repeat from * across, sc in last st,, ch 1 turn

Rows 3-24: Rep Row 2

Edging: sc in each st around, be sure to work 2 sc in each corner. Join to 1st sc with sl st.
Fasten off and weave in ends.




Here are a few different ways I used this pattern for some unique looks. 

1st is a basic solid color 



2nd Change yarn colors every 2 rows.
This is will give you two different looks. One on each side of the washcloth

This is the front 

This is the back 



3rd Change yarn every other row for a unique texture 
Must use 3 or more colors. 
This is my favorite one! I just love the unique look. 


4th  Change yarn every 8 rows using 3 colors. 
This is will give you big bulky strips

I hope you enjoy making some new washcloths! 


Be sure to pin these or add to your
 Ravelry Favorites for later! 









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.