Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Knit, Purl, Pray : Book Review

There is nothing better than a quiet moment to yourself with your yarn! Lately I've been working to shut off the noise and to reflect on my quiet time while I work on my creations. 


I was so excited with the opportunity to review a new devotional book! It's perfect timing! This wonderful new book is called Knit, Purl, Pray - 52 Devotions for the Creative Soul by Lisa Bogart.

 Don't worry crocheters this book is for you too! It really could be for anyone crafty. I've read through several of the devotions already and they have each spoken to my heart. It's light reading with a simple verse and thoughts to reflect on. Most readings are just a page or two! 

Sometimes for me working with yarn, well, is work and this book has reminded me about the things I truly do love about working with my hands and yarn. This book feels like your having chat with a friend that understands your craft. 
It's helped remind me to be a blessing to others with my craft and oh so much more. So thankful for the simple truths and reflections in this book. It's a great addition to your day.

I was also thrilled to see that there are four knit patterns included in the book. A great slouchy beanie and three coffee cozies. I'll admit I don't knit much but I do know the basics. I love cabling so I just had to make all the coffee cozies! I love them and learned some new technics along the way! 
I'll have to make that hat soon too! 

I used some lovely pale shades of Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn Worsted. Aren't they pretty! 
Fits perfectly on my cups! Crocheted up several washcloths too! New pattern coming for those soon! 

Coffee, Crochet and Quiet time go perfectly together! 

If you would love to pick up this book you can find it on Amazon
Knit, Purl, Pray

You can also get to know the author 
Lisa Bogart on Facebook 

Thank you Worthy Publishing for sending the book to me! 
It's fabulous! 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.