Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Priscilla Crochet Top: Review

Recently I had the itch to crochet something entirely different than anything I've ever made before. I was kinda in a funk the last few months and needed a pick me up when it came to crochet. Often times when you sell items you have to make the same thing over and over. 
I wanted to make something just for me that was out of my normal box! 

I have lots of patterns in my raverly library that I've picked up over time and so I started browsing for one that was begging to be made! The beautiful Priscilla Crochet Top  practically screamed at me! "MAKE ME, MAKE ME! " 

This pattern is by the amazing Viktoria Gogolak of CrocheTrend.  

I've made several of her designs before and I just love them all. She has an amazing talent for design. They are always very unique. She has a way with texture and making great pattern come to life! 

Priscilla Crochet Top: Made by Elisabeth Spivey


This Crochet Top she designed for Design Wars using Red Heart Unforgettable yarn! I really like that yarn but I wanted to use something I had on hand. 
I browsed my stash and found three skeins of Bernat Mosaic in the Ninja Colorway. 
Beautiful shades of Purple/blues/grey. I crossed my fingers that is would be enough because I knew it was a discontinued yarn. (It was just enough for the size I needed) 

This is made with triangle shaped motifs with a join as you go method. I really enjoyed the gorgeous motif design. The join as you go method could be a little tricky as I went but it wasn't to hard to figure out just had to make sure I was crocheting in the right spaces. If I got distracted I would mess up. At least crochet is easy to fix.  It came together over a matter of a week or so as I found time to work on it! It was neat to watch it come together with the variegated yarn. 




I only made a few minor changes. The design is meant for a more off the shoulder look but I didn't personally want to wear it that way so I added some extra decreases on the edges to bring it higher and tighter for more of a tank top look. 

For one that hasn't made to many intricate crochet garments this came out perfect and fit great. I made sure to measure  and check my gauge 1st (as you should) since I used a different yarn. 
The yarn drapes really nicely for the garment. 

 I didn't block it but I think the bottom edge would lay better if I did so I'll do that eventually. Just haven't taken the time to do it. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out! 
It was fun and sparked my love for crochet again! I would highly recommend this design and many of her others crochet creations. You will not be disappointed. 

What do you think? Would you make one? Do you love my purple orchid hair!?! It actually looks nothing like that now! I chopped it all off and now have a Purple Pixie! :) I loove it! 

I'm going to share a blog about my hair adventure soon over on my new blog
Check it out!  I'll be keeping my more personal posts over that way so we don't clutter this crochet blog with to much non crochet, but it will be a great way to get to know me if you want :) 















1 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your new "Purple Pixie" your tank came out beautifully! Can't wait to see the new site!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.