Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Lace Up with Liz Update - Marathon Week


So if your here for crochet...this post is more personal about me and life right now :) Don't worry I'm working on some new things but this Month is filled with excitement personally outside of crochet! Although my mermaid pattern going viral was super awesome!! We'll save that for another post! 

It's been a while since I shared an update about my weight-loss journey. I think my last post was the end of  Dec 2014.

 I've accomplished some amazing things since then and I'm just so excited I want to share them with you. If you haven't been following my journey you can read this past post about myself and the what I've been working on here : LACE UP WITH LIZ


In April I finally reached my weight loss goal that I'd set Jan 2014. Those last 5-10 pounds were being stubborn! I've lost a total of 72 pounds! 222 to 150! I feel amazing and so much happier in my skin! 



In January 2015 I started my 1/2 marathon training again. If you remember before I was training for one but due to injury had to take a month off and start back up slowly. 
I was nervous and excited, but the last 16 weeks have been absolutely amazing! I've had highs and lows in my training but I've completed it all but the race....(insert emotional happy cry!!)  

There have been fast runs, slow runs, long runs, short runs, cold, snowy, windy, rainy, sunny, (insert all types of Oklahoma weather) runs, and early before the sunrise on the weekend runs! 
Thankfully the training has been injury free aside from a few holes stepped in or sidewalks tripped on. LOL. 

I could not have made it through my training with out lots of encouragement.

Thank you Rachel for giving me a treadmill. I have a love hate relationship with it but it helped when I couldn't get out the door due to weather. (7 miles on a treadmill is awful...)

 Thank you to Alisha for doing many early morning long weekend runs! You truly have been an inspiration and blessing! 

Thank you to many of the gals from Edmond Moms Run This Town - I've made new friends that understand this crazy love of running and are so encouraging.  

Thank you to the Runhers and Landrunners for hosting long runs and providing water! It makes it so much more enjoyable when you have others to run with! 

Thank you to my Big Life Voxer gals! You have been a daily encouragement in so many ways! 
I LOVE YOU!!! 

Thank you to my hubby for taking care of the kids on early Saturdays while mommy ran all over town! Thank you for letting mommy run!! I need to run now or I get cranky.....:) Just ask him about how the past two taper weeks have been :) Sorry...I love you too! 

April 2014 - after a run- selfie! Purple is my power color! 

My 1st 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) is Sunday April 26th, 2015 - It's the OKC Memorial Marathon. 
It's a great year to race as it's the 15th anniversary of the race and it just means a lot to us in Oklahoma to Run to Remember. I've volunteered with the race years before but 1st time running!! 

So if you think of me say a prayer that everything will go awesome on Sunday! 
I'm getting pre-race jitters! 
My goal is just to 'Finish what I Start and Enjoy the Journey!" 

I know I'll be surrounded with so many with amazing people with stories too, but this truly has been such a great journey in my life. It's not the end of the journey, and I can't wait to see what's next!

If you want to track my race or follow me for more updates feel free to visit my Facebook page for more details!
Lace up with Liz





1 comments:

hoekomopaarde said...

Congratulations. You must be so proud of yourself.

Good luck with Sunday!!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.