Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

I've lost 25 Skeins of Yarn

If you haven't noticed I went from blogging daily (I was in a challenge) to not blogging at all! I learned a lot through the blog challenge and it was great but as I was setting all those amazing goals I realized I needed to set personal goals too. Those personal goals have become my number one priority and crochet has taken a bit of a back seat for the moment. Don't worry I'm not going anywhere I just need to change things up a bit to get life back moving in the right direction. 

I'm working on being a better Wife and Mother and I'm also working on my health! I posted a few weeks back I was going to start working out and I have. I have more confidence, I feel better and I'm so excited about what the rest of this year holds. 

So far I've lost 11 pounds. That over 25 skeins of I Love this yarn LOL! (Had to work crochet in the post some how!) 

I can't hardly sit still anymore. I get all jittery and feel the need to move it, move it! 

I've started training for a 5K I just finished up week two of couch to 5K. I also workout at home with my x box kinect. I have a crazy fun zubma workout (i'm a terrible dancer by the way) and another work out with Jillian Michael's. I try to change it up and work on different things each day so I don't get board. 

I learned that I love to run again. I should have already known that because I used to run all the time. I could barely run for seconds a few weeks ago let alone what I'm doing now. I'm getting stronger and feeling so much better. I've changed up my diet a lot and my body went through detox. I don't need coffee to wake up. I exercise and stretch! 

I just wanted to say all that to encourage you! Turn off that TV, put down that hook and get up and turn on some music and move! You can do! I look forward to sharing my progress! I have a lot to lose still but so much greatness to gain.  With encouragement, determination, and God I know I can do this! 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to hear. I like how you added crochet to the post. I know when I did the couch to 5k I felt the 'I need to move' feeling each day. It is addicting. I really should do it again.

Unknown said...

That's awesome. I'm not a runner but I love a bicycle. Maybe I should go get a new one. I could stand to lose a few send of yarn too.

Unknown said...

It sounds like we're both doing the same thing. Lol. I've lost the same amount as you and have realized that I need to put my family and myself ahead of my crochet addiction. It was hard, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Keep it up!!!

Jenn said...

keep it up :-) I took on the challenge of putting down the yarn last August and living a more healthy lifestyle. I too started doing zumba am now down 47 pounds to date. I know its hard at times but it really does pay off

Unknown said...

congrats Elizabeth!!!! happy for you!

Posh Pooch Designs said...

LOL!! Love that...25 skeins of yarn! You can do it, so proud of you!

Amy B Stitched said...

FABULOUS!!! When I first read your title I thought NO.....HOW DID YOU LOSE 25 SKEINS OF YARN?!?!?! Glad to hear it was the equivalent to that and not the actual yarn itself LOL :D

Anonymous said...

wow!!

Unknown said...

I was shocked when I first read the title... Love how to put the pounds into perspective. Congrats!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.