Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Twisted Knit Project


Sometimes you just need to switch it up! I don't knit often. I forced myself to learn more about it last year. I had tried it several times before but it just wasn't clicking for me! One day last year when I came across the Fiber Flux blog and it really excited me. She has some simple clear videos and instructions that it all finally came together for me. I've only competed a couple knit project because they do take awhile but it's fun to try new things outside my crochet box! 

I kept seeing these fun twisted head wraps and I thought a knit one would be simple enough. I went in search of a pattern on Ravelry. I found this freebie : Twistin the Night Away

I started it Saturday night and finished it Sunday afternoon. I'm a slow knitter LOL! I loved this project because it was using chunky yarn! I don't have a large knitting needle stash like my crochet hooks.  So I used my 11- 8mm DNP's and adjusted the pattern as I went which is very easy to do with this pattern. I'm going to attempt some more of these soon. My Calleigh said "mom I need one in blue next please" so I'll work on a child size, which will work up faster! 


Don't you just love this color! The yarn is Michaels Brand Loops and Threads Cozy Wool in Spearmint.

I didn't realize till I was finished that there is a video too and lots of pics. So if you try the pattern or just want to learn to knit this could be a good project for a brave beginner. 

Do you just crochet or do you have another craft you enjoy too? 

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awesome!!! Yay you! :)

Jennifer @ Fiber Flux

Posh Pooch Designs said...

I just downloaded the pattern.. And my list gets longer!!! :)

Amy B Stitched said...

I crochet, knit and sew!! Tonight I have the knitting needles out working up a simple dishcloth pattern. I find it relaxing. Sewing takes much more effort nowadays since I have to set up and break down my sewing area each time I want to sew. It doesn't happen often enough anymore :(

Henriette S-Hansen said...

It looks great, Elisabeth !
I crochet, knit and sew. Sometimes I try out something else just for the fun of it, and well there's only so many hours a day right ? ;)

Anonymous said...

I knit a little too. Don't do it often enough because crochet is just easier for me. I can do crochet without thinking for the most part but knitting takes more thought and paying attention.

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.