Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Bike for Malachi for Christmas


I've been wanting to do something for someone super special for Christmas and The Lord laid it on my heart to help a very special family. I've known this sweet family for over ten years before they were married and blessed with there six adorable children(we went to bible college together.) They are a very sweet and loving family and would do anything for you! so I want to do this for them.


 One of their sweet little boys wants a bike for Christmas but it's a very special bike that is going to take some work for the family to get. 




Here is a little bit about Malachi from his Mom Heather:  



Malachi is a 7 year old energetic boy that has a smile that can melt your heart. He was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Malachi has undergone 3 open heart surgeries and many other procedures. Due to the lack of oxygen through his body and complications from a heart catherization he now has CP. He doesn't let anything get in his way and always tries to keep up with everyone! Malachi receives therapy twice a week outsourced and through the school he attends. We would love for him to have a bike to ride with his siblings! His bike is a special bike that suits his personal needs. It keeps him stable yet let's him have the freedom he desires. (don't worry there is a parent brake in the back!) The final cost of the bike is $3522.35. In the last few days we have been able to raise $1800! Any donations can be sent to First Fidelity Bank in Heather or Malachi Trent's name or Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation 5300 N. Independence Suite 100, OKC, OK 73112. 


I really want to help them raise the other half of the money they need so he can have this bike for Christmas. From now til Midnight Thursday only I'm going to have a listing in my Artfire shop - Called Patterns for Malachi - for $5.00 I will let you have two patterns of choice from my shop! 


You can choose to make a larger donation but you'll need to email me and I'll get you my paypal information. If you have a paypal account you can send me money direct and there are no fees on my end.  I will personally make the donation from us on Monday and let you know how much we raised! I'm so excited and I hope you will be able to help too.


I know not everyone can donate but if you have other ways you'd like to help feel free but let me know.  










To contact me please use the contact tab on the top or left side of the page!  





















1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shared a link to the sale on facebook. I hope it goes well. ❤

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.