Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Introducing - Cuddle Critter Capes

Recently one of my fabulous customers Dorinda Varga whom specializes in Newborn photography of  Dorinda Varga Photography asked me if I could make up some unique items. I loved her idea and we both ran with it. I would like to introduce to you:

Cuddle Critter Capes 




I already had an assortment of animal hats and was adding more monthly. What she wanted wasn't a cocoon or anything that had to be wrapped around the baby. She wanted something that could be easily set on a sleeping newborn. So I created a cape. Each cape has a different design with simple detail and is removable from the hat. That will give a photographer some versatility to use just the hat or dress up a sleeping baby by easily buttoning the cape to the hat and lay it right on the baby without to much movement.  

The cape is meant for a baby posed on there tummy and feet tucked up under. We'll have some pictures of the prop used on real babies in the coming weeks but I'm super excited to share these with you. Here are just 5 of 40ish I have planned. Yes I said 40! 

Here is the bumble bee in soft chunky yarn with cute little antenna and stinger


So far I have a bee , ladybug, bunny, skunk and hedgehog.

We're working on a series of animals for Spring featuring bugs and forest creatures that are awakening from hibernation.
I plan to have a gorgeous girly butterfly, a fuzzy caterpillar for boys, as well as a raccoon, turtle and fox.
Dorinda is setting up a special photography package and event from April through June using these props! Check it all out on her blog.

I'm excited to share other animals soon from these categories :
On the Farm
In the Jungle
Bears
Pets
Unique/Exotic

What do you think? Photographers are you interested? I hope you love these as much as we do and I can't wait to share some photos of these in action. 

2 comments:

Dorinda Varga Photography said...

This is such a great line for shooting sleeping newborns as you can change out the capes/hat combos as they sleep to create a variety of animals for one newborn! I love the quality of them and look forward to seeing the rest of the critters come to life, so to speak! I will feature portraits in the next couple of weeks with little ones wearing these capes. Thank you Elisabeth for making this a reality!

CrochetBlogger said...

Looks great. Can't wait to see the pics with the babies in the products!

Post a Comment

Do tell! Your comments are always exciting and encouraging.